~Quote of the Day~


"NOM teh hand that fees you."

~icanhascheezburger.com

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just Who *IS* this Ron Paul Guy?!

The Story: Apparently this guy is topping the charts when it comes to military support. According to "The Spin Factor" he has the lead on military folks contributing to his campaign. Don't believe it? Never heard of this guy? Follow the links and do your own reading. http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2007/07/16/military-support-for-the-republican-candidates/

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

My 2 Cents: You know, I've never been a huge political junkie...pro'ly because the media only shows the most famous (and most worthless) of the bunch...and half of what they say ends up being a crock of shit (both the candidate AND the media!). So then we think that we are required to vote for one of these worthless loons...you know, "The Lesser of Two Weevils." *GAG*

Ron Paul is definitely not your typical candidate. As a matter of fact, he's far from your usual entry. He's a Conservative....but he doesn't want us (as in the troops...*me*...MY buddies) in Iraq. Now think on this, Grasshopper: If he wants us OUT of Iraq and Afghanistan...and the TROOPS are supporting him...WHAT does that say about the Long War and the current regime's choice to stay in it?

Don't get me wrong. There are bad people and we're kicking their ass. But things are not going the way they ought to and no one is doing anything to fix it. It's becoming a Cat's Game. Stalemate. We're not winning The War on Terror...we're making another one for our children and grandchildren.

Okay. Off the soapbox.

Bottom line: Guys like Ron Paul need more airtime. Americans should be hearing this stuff. I really believe that most Americans are Libertarians and don't even know it because they have never researched it (and are certain that it means "Liberal" because they sound alike). For you eedjits who think you know everything but don't have a clue, a Libertarian is a Constitutionalist. And that is what Ron Paul is.

And, for an FYI, I haven't decided who I'm voting for. Because I research the candidates before I decide. Thus far, my research on Ron Paul is leading me to believe that he'd be a good choice.

If I change my mind, I'll let you know why.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He seems like a good candidate from what I know. I just stumbled onto a blog supporting him a few weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

A Libertarian and A Constitutionalist are not the same thing - which is why each has their own political party. Both are different still than Republicans.

Ron Paul believes we should not have entered WWII either - no conflict EVER - anywhere, anytime.

Most of his supporters are Truthers - you know W knocked the buildings down in New York - there were no planes.

He has long associations with anti-semetic groups and writes regularly for their papers.

He likes to say he 'obeys' the Constitution, then spells out actions he would take that can only be done extra-constitutionally or with a coup.

The only source on the officers giving money to Paul is Paul.

So, if this is what you think would be a good candidate - by all means vote for him. But, you should know more before you endorse him.

CP ~The Day Fobbit said...

Oh, yay. I do so love when someone stubles onto my blog to post unsubstantiated "facts." Especially when I cannot ask that person to support their "facts" with evidence!

Love, love, love.

CP ~The Day Fobbit said...

Er. I meant "stumbles." You all knew that.