~Quote of the Day~


"NOM teh hand that fees you."

~icanhascheezburger.com

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Useless Information About My Day

The Story: Today's post really isn't going to follow the outlined format. Because I feel like rambling.

My 2 Cents: But, since I've such a need for continuity, I *have* to at least attempt.

So, anyway, after being stuck in the house all day Monday and Tuesday (thankyouverymuch ice storms), I returned to work on Weds. I found a LOAD of emails waiting for me upon my return to The Cubicle of Death. Over 100 emails, to be exact.

Thanks a lot, email.

Some of these so huge that I had no choice but to clean out the inbox before I could send out any replies. My server blocks my sending emails when my inbox is stuffed. It took most of the morning. I usually love going through my emails...but this was just too much.

Then I turned to the pilesandpilesandpiles of crap I've been avoiding for the last few days. Okay...a week. I'll admit it.

Yeah, I was procrastinating.

I do that sometimes. I blame the Internet. And my own inattention. Okay...really, it's my inattention. But the Internet *really* doesn't help at all.

Anyhow....I got through ALL of the stuff on my desk. Shockingly, before the end of the work-day. ALL! of. it!

It felt pretty good.

So...on to today. I didn't really have a whole lot planned for today. It was a weirdly weird feeling, being so very caught up on everything.

So I looked around for something to do...help out a co-worker...

And found myself *stuck* with a HUGE, steaming pile of *CRAP*....also known as data-entry.

Ugh. I think I just puked in my mouth a little there.

I was only supposed to be doing PART of the mass of nastiness...but then my co-worker (whose job this was in the first place) got a call from her son's school...and she had to leave.

Oh, Fate. You are cruel.

I *HATE* data-entry. And not just a little bit.

You see, I'm a problem-solver. I like to help people. And even though I might not be a people-person all the time, I'm not too bad at it.

Data-entry is not conducive to my problem-solving, sometimes-a-people-person, personality. Not at all. I didn't sign up for this.

I had a headache at the end of the day. And I still have about 25 pages left to do in the morning. UGH. If I had to do data-entry all the time, I'd demand a raise.

But I wouldn't. I'd find another job first.

And now you've made it, if you are a die-hard reader, to the end of my rambling. Sorry, there's no punchline down here. Nothing funny happened today, unless you count the sabotage of my nothing-filled day by a large stack of disgustingly dull paperwork. And that is only funny if there is something seriously wrong with you.

Comment if you wanna. Considering the lack of comments for the last few posts, I won't hold my breath. I consider it unsweetened icing on the top of my crappy day.

*Sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds dreadful. And, yes, the Internet does not help distractable people