~Quote of the Day~


"NOM teh hand that fees you."

~icanhascheezburger.com

Friday, October 26, 2007

Stupid Email in My Inbox: "Warning! Anti-Christian Movie to Be Released Soon!"

The Story: I got an email in my inbox this morning from a co-worker. Why they are sending me religion-oriented emails is beyond me, but whatever.

I'll cut-and-paste a small portion...it's much longer, but it won't take you long to get the idea:

"This is an FYI that a terrible, anti-Catholic (anti-Christian) movie called the 'Golden Compass' will be coming out in early December, aimed at children and labeled as a family movie. This movie is based on a series of books by an atheist British author (Phillip Pullman) whose goal in writing the books is to be the 'Anti-Narnia' series and to lead children into atheism. "

My 2 Cents: Emails like this always make me roll my eyes. And then want to know just what they are talking about...without the "spin."

I'm going to read it. From what the reviews say, it's better than Harry Potter. Only about 6% of the over 1300 reviews on Amazon are negative. That has to count for something.

My bet is that, just like with the "Harry Potter" series, the zealots are blowing things out of proportion. This book wouldn't have such good reviews if it were so evil...and Scholastic wouldn't publish it for "13 and up." Come on...Scholastic is the same company the publishes "Clifford the Big Red Dog."

The book has been out for over 10 years. If it is so terrible, why haven't we heard about it before?

I'll let you know how it goes.

Here's the link to Amazon, if you're curious: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-5100818-8275851?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=The+Golden+Compass I think I'll buy the trilogy. $16 isn't too bad for 3 books with reviews as good as these.

No comments: