~Quote of the Day~


"NOM teh hand that fees you."

~icanhascheezburger.com

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Stupid Email in My Inbox: "ESP Website, Ben Alexander"

The Story: I received an email from a former coworker. Again, I don't know why people insist on sending religion-oriented emails.

Here is the body of the email:
"Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Ben Alexander is a speaker that talks out on the occult, he has first hand experience, because he used to be a "spiritualist", then he was saved and has spent his life since then educating people on the very real dangers of spiritual warfare and demons, etc...
Tonight he will be speaking at 6:30 at C4 (Capital City Christian Church), about encounters with demons and how to recognize them and how to safeguard children/teens/yourself against them. This is not a sermon, but a lecture. Following the lecture he will have a Q&A time.
His website, ESP (Exposing Satan's Power) is below.

The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
Shortcut to: http://www.espministries.com/index2.htm"

My 2 Cents: Now, I don't have any problem with religion of any kind. I'm cool with God as whatever image someone chooses to worship. They are all one and the same to me. So, when I first read this email, I was not bothered in the slightest.

Then I clicked on the link.

It took me a while to decide if I wanted to go on a thousand word rant on this, but I'll spare you all and make it short and sweet:

This guy is nuttier than a Baby Ruth candy bar. If you want a good example of extremism and bullying from a mainstream religion, this is it.

Please, peruse the site and leave some comments. I'd love to hear what people think.

Of course, since no one seems to read my blog (yet), I'll probably not get any comments. But I can hope!

No comments: