~Quote of the Day~


"NOM teh hand that fees you."

~icanhascheezburger.com

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm Not Being Paid to Think....Hey, Wanna See My M-4?

The Story: I'm in Germany. And I don't get to drink, sight-see, or have any kind of fun. Thank you, General Order Number One.

My Two Cents: The Army gives Soldiers weapons, but treats us like 12-year-olds.

Hi, everyone. If you actually read my blog, you know it's been a really-frickin'-long-time since I've posted. So long, in fact, that I'm actually surprised that they haven't shut down my account.

The reason for this travesty can be fully blamed on my volunteerism. I raised my (stupid) hand and joined the Army.

Don't get me wrong....I love the U.S. Army, and all it stands for...

But there are some times when I think that someone should have slapped me upside the head before I swore that oath.

This is one of those times.

We are deployed. Mobilized. Whatever. However you say it, we are away from home for over a year to do whatever the Army tells us to do.

At least we get paid.

Mobilization amounts to this: Lots of training, lots of waiting, paperwork, poking and proding, not enough sleep, no drinking, no sex, no tattoos, no gambling, and absolutely no fun.

Sounds like something you want to go and sign up for right away, right?

It gets worse.

Not only can you not drink alcohol, have sex, gamble, get a tattoo, or have any fun...you have to watch Joes (Soldiers) from other countries do ALL of the things that you are not allowed to do.

I thought I'd left all of those restrictions behind when I became an adult. I was wrong, wrong, wrong. Apparently a 28 year old woman with 2 children at home can be trusted with a semi-automatic weapon, but cannot be trusted to know when it is appropriate to get laid or have a icy cold beer.

I am a paid killer....but I'm not being paid to think. I have Officers to do that for me.

God help us.

Hey...wanna see my gun? Heh.

No comments: