~Quote of the Day~


"NOM teh hand that fees you."

~icanhascheezburger.com

Friday, January 25, 2008

I NEED My Fix!!!

The Story: The TV writer's strike continues...our favorite shows are all on hold.

My 2 Cents: Okay, people, this has gone on long enough. I can't take it anymore. I'm getting a nervous tic.

I'm not one of those types who watches a lot of TV. I read a lot. But when I do watch the tube, I like the History Channel, Discovery, The Travel Channel, FOOD Network, and TLC. I don't pay too much attention to the others. The main conglomerates seem to all have at least one lame show highlighting unrealistic crimes and the processes of solving them. Those shows just don't do it for me.

I'm sorry....lab results don't come back within hours...or even days. Murders are not always solved within the week.

Aaaanyway...(have brain, will ramble).

There are a very small handful of shows that I simply don't like living without. And I want them back. I've come to the point that I've resorted to watching my M*A*S*H DVDs!

I'm like an addict looking for a fix that is adequate enough to replace their old habit.

My fix is the brain-mushiness that comes with losing oneself in an excellent TV show...and apparently my "drug" of choice is being held up because the dealers don't want to pay the suppliers enough for their quality products.

As if the networks aren't making enough already....and now they're LOSING money with their "we ain't gonna pay you" shenanigans. Just what is it that they are trying to accomplish?

If I wrote a hit TV show that won lots of awards, I would expect an excellent paycheck...AND a pay raise occasionally, as the show's ratings increased. Come on network execs...get over it already. The writers deserve recognition.

Pay them, dammit. Whatever they want. I need my fix.

No comments: